All members of the IAIB are committed to providing investment banking services that meet the highest professional and ethical standards.
To that end, each member has agreed to uphold the principles established and endorsed by the UK's Financial Services Authority. These state that a firm must:
- Conduct its business with integrity.
- Conduct its business with due skill, care and diligence.
- Take reasonable care to organise and control its affairs responsibly and effectively, with adequate risk management systems.
- Maintain adequate financial resources.
- Observe proper standards of market conduct.
- Pay due regard to the interests of its customers and treat them fairly.
- Pay due regard to the information needs of its clients, and communicate information to them in a way that is clear, fair, and not misleading.
- Manage conflicts of interest fairly, both between itself and its customers and between a customer and another client.
- Take reasonable care to ensure the suitability of its advice and discretionary decisions for any customer who is entitled to rely upon its judgment.
- Arrange adequate protection for clients' assets when it is responsible for them.
- Deal with its regulators in an open and cooperative way, and must disclose to the FSA appropriately anything relating to the firm of which the FSA would reasonably expect notice.
Regional Member Firms
IAIB member firms have executed numerous transactions in virtually all business segments, providing innovative corporate finance and advisory services.